- Directed by: Eugénie Dumont
- Duration : 90′
- Produced by: Keystone Films
- National Release : 8 october 2014
There are still some pristine places on earth, untouched by industrialization and urbanization. But for how long ?
Broome is a small town in the Kimberley region, Australia’s last great wilderness. This is where the head of Western Australia, Colin Barnett, and Woodside, a multi billion-dollar company and Australia’s largest liquid natural gas producers, have decided to install the second largest liquified natural gas plant in the world.
If this project becomes a reality, this will mean the end of the aboriginal culture and heritage.
Director Eugénie Dumont spent more than four months with the citizens of Broome, along with the traditional owners of these lands, the Goolarabooloo, and filmed their daily struggle facing this imminent danger.
HERITAGE FIGHT questions, listens, quotes scientists, activists, politicians and buisiness man, all determined to fight and protect what is priceless to them and driven by a remarkable collective consciousness.
On what people now call « Black Tuesday », 120 policemen came from Perth to end the « blockade » and allow Woodside to begin exploration work although it hadn’t acquired all legal approvals. History was being made in front of the camera, and this film became a much-needed reality. Witnessing the use of force and abusive arrests to fight the idea of progress imposed by modern and globalized societies, to protect, but also save what has no price : our freedom to choose how we want to live.
- Title: Heritag Fight
- Duration: 90'
- Year of production: 2012
- HD – 16/9 - color
- Sound: stereo
- Subtitles: English, French (by LVT)
- Written & directed by: Eugénie Dumont
- Producers: Yoon-Seok Nam, Eugénie Dumont
- Production: Keystone Films
- Director of photography: Eugénie Dumont
- Editing: Marie Le Genissel
- Calibration: Richard Pelmar
- Sound: Guillaume Lorre
- Sound editing: Alix Marvaud
- Sound mixing: Maxime Singer, AOC prod.
- Music mixing: Antoine Villette, Twin Arrows Production
- Music: William Gardiner, Adèle Blanchin, Luc Heitz
- Graphism: Nessim Chebaane
- Visa number: 134.774
- ISAN number: 0000-0003-C7CE-0000-S-0000-0000-R